Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Tablet You Know - The New Microsoft Surface Tablet

There is a lot going on in the world of tablets.  I posted previously on how Google wants to gain your business by giving you an affordable option for tablet computing.  Windows is what you more than likely are using for your business or at work.  This makes Windows more accessible to most people as it comes to business.  This is the tablet that is going to allow you access to all the programs that you use at work and  will allow for the intuitive functionality of a touch screen.

The combination of the "cool factor" and the familiarity that people have with the Operating system, offers an opportunity for a big seller for Microsoft.

The winner with all these moves in the tablet world, are the consumer, as they will have a choice of a quality tablet on every income level and all use cases.


Resources:

Surface Tablet

2 comments:

  1. As a computer engineer which tablet do you find easiest and most difficult to work with at the office or at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (from google+) I have had 2 Android tablets personally (elocity a7 and Kindle fire) . The a7 was just a geek toy and was great for me but would not be good for a regular person. My Kindle fire is the one that I would buy for my mom and my kids currently use. Now looking at the nexus 7 they have made it more accessible than previous Android tablets that aren't a Kindle fire so it's the one to get from what I see. The iPad, that I use at work, is still the most easy to use, but bores the heck out of me. So to answer your question : iPad is the easiest to work with so far, but I enjoy what Android brings to the table much more.

    ReplyDelete